Wednesday, November 17, 2010

46mm filters pinch hit for Series 6 filters - great suggestion!

John Meakin recently wrote to tell us:

I recently bought a Series 6/42mm adapter from you - thank you.


I thought you might like to know (and pass it on to any customers who inquire) that the glass element from a Hoya 46mm filter exactly fits into the Series 6 adapter. You extract the glass element by using a pin or a very small screwdriver to prise out the circlip. The glass then drops out. I had to do this because I could not find a Series 6 infra-red filter ready-made. 


It occurs to me that anyone who cannot find a Series 6 filter for a given colour could use a Hoya 46mm filter instead as I have done, as presumably Hoya make all colours in the 46mm size.
~ John Meakin
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. You are correct. Series 6 filters with clear glass, no hazing or marks can be difficult to find. This is a fabulous suggestion!

Lynne and Ted Rice
Songofsnow Books, Art & Photo
Santa Fe, NM

No comments: